When I first started this blog it was not an idea “out of the blues.” It was long in the back of my mind. Then one morning I got up and started. But that will be another story.
As a newbie out here, I feel like am fighting with myself each day I come out to write. But I now know the source of it and that source is the fact that I didn’t take the time to commit myself to learning the ins and out of WordPress so I can maximise its usage. You see, I haven’t signed in to WordPress in almost ten years. So it was a whole new world out there. Haha! As a matter of fact, I had deleted my previous profile. Over the past few weeks, I have learned a great deal and I am still trying to find my way around here. I now know what I have to do to get things done.
Here are a few tips I’d like to share with you if you are new to blogging like myself; and for those of you who are still thinking about it.
- Try to populate your blog with some amount of content prior to publishing.
- Au fait yourself with WordPress Help Information Center. Learning as you go is harder. Understand this. Or you will be switching lanes often.
- When you sign up make sure you use WordPress Business. This isn’t an ad, but it will allow you to get maximum usage.
- You can start writing even if you cannot decide whether you want to blog on WordPress, or not.
- If your intention is to focus on monetization, initially, be wary that some affiliates will require you to be qualified enough to be part of their team. Wink.
- WordPress is the absolute place to start your Blog. Again, this isn’t an ad. They are constantly updating and have everything, if not, most things under one roof.
- Alway remember, to say hello to fellow bloggers. Wink. No man is an island.
- Make sure blogging or storytelling is what you love doing otherwise you will have to find other ways to motivate yourself.
- Before you you decide on monetization script your plan of how you intend to market their products.
- Always remember, your blog is a work in progress. Everything good takes times. Be patient. Love what you do.
By the way, it was never my intention to monetize my blog. The idea came after someone informed me of the financial prospects and I kept seeing all these ads floating around. Haha. It’s a great idea and I am still working on that but my focus now is a lot on producing.
Go ahead and write what you are passionate about.